Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Weak Yet Strong!

2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

I have a few things to say on 2 Corinthians 12:10, as it is one of the scriptures it took me years to understand, (not that I have a full understanding), of this or any scripture for that matter.  Sometimes I think we read scriptures and even quote scriptures without really thinking about or believing what they say.  That was the case with me and this scripture: When I am weak, then am I strong.  We even sing about it, you know the song "Let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich". 

Well once again today as many times in the past the Lord brought this scripture home to me, you know where the rubber meets the road, so to speak.  If we really get what the Lord is saying through scripture to us sometimes it can make all the difference in the world in our circumstances.  This happened YET AGAIN to me today. 

I have been going through several trials lately, and the last 48 hours was no different, except it might have intensified a little.  So night before last I had about two hours sleep, if that, which is not to out of the ordinary for me.  I'm on the "night watch" a lot, but that's another story, we will get to that in a later post.  However after my sleepless night I had to get up at 7:00 AM, which is out of the ordinary, as I can usually sleep in a little when I have a night like this.  Now on top of that I am packing boxes and many other various things are keeping me busy.  OK, get to the point you say!!  My point being, as He has done many times before the Lord was using my circumstances to weaken me, and it is true that when I am weak, then am I strong.

You see our weakness, whether it comes through lack of sleep, fasting (lack of food), working overtime (lack of rest) it is all working together for our good, because it is weakening the flesh which makes the spirit man stronger (the flesh wars against the spirit and the spirit wars against the flesh).  So when we are really, really weak we are much more able to hear what the Spirit of God is saying to us!!  It's painful for our flesh to be weakened, but it is so worth it to hear the Lord's still small voice.

It was the same way when the Lord first started calling me to fast (to go without food), at first I hated to have to go on a fast, it would even scare me, as I knew I was going to have to go three days without food, (that is usually the fast I go on), although there are many different fast you can go on.  However as I began to see the results of the fast, (bondages being broken, prayers I had prayed for years being answered, great victories being won), fasting wasn't so bad after all.  Rest assured my friend if the Lord is weakening you, He has a great and wonderful reason, He loves you so much He wants to bless you in your weakness.

So say with me "when I am weak, then am I strong", and mean it!!!

God is on your side and wants you to prosper and be in good health!!  And I don't mean only prosper in your finances, no in all ways!!

Remember God's ways are NOT our ways, and be blessed.  He means what He says and He says what He means!!!  His word has been tried in a furnace seven times.  It's pure, true, right, good and above ALL THINGS!  

Just one of God's sheep here,
God Bless,
Denise Jeter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment